The Alex Danielson Show

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Weekly Post

This week was a good week for me. I was focused in all subjects. I got moved from Nick, who was sitting next to me before. It was hard to sit next to him, he was not co-operating with me. Now I sit with Zach, Riya, and Breaan. We are a good group, because we don't talk to much. Riya is my new reading, writing, and maths partner.
In maths, we did some turning fractions in to decimals. Some times with calculators, sometimes with our minds. Regular fractions, graphic models, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 are some of the maths things that we did.
In social studies, we started the facing slavery subject. Now I know what the triangular trade route, and that Africa started it. We learned all the things about slavery, and the things that slaves had to do. On Monday, we started a three page worksheet. Also, next week, we have a vocabulary test.
In RLA, we did a persuasive essay, with all the new techniques. e.g. prognosticate, anecdote, rhetorical questions. That was due Friday. Also, we moved onto historical fiction, the books that Mr.Buxton are reading to us are, When My Name Was Keoko, and Freedom Summer. I got my first pizza slice today! Non-fiction. Also, for my reading log, I got a plus point! I think I did good on my essay, because I used many techniques. I completed the whole WILF. I also learned about character debates. (Traits, sayings, actions, relationships,and thinking.)
Thank you.
Post made by Alex Danielson, creator of this blog.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this blog to comment on ONLY 'academic' matters or to answer a classmate's academic questions. You must leave your name if you comment. NO SOCIAL NETWORKING ALLOWED on this blog. Thank you.
Alex Danielson.