The Alex Danielson Show

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Book Club Presentation

Script



George:This is George Janke reporting to you live from the ABC News headquarters in New York City! Today we’ve got a live interview with Cassandra Day and Zoe Reisman about their new book, THE SCHOOL STORY. Now here is top reporter Alex Danielson with the scoop.

Alex: Hi everyone, my name is Alex Danielson, bringing you an interview of Natalie, and Zoe. The the two of you ,tell us a little about yourselves.
Breann: Hi, my name’s Natalie. I am twelve years old. I love writing. I live in New york city, and I have to walk all around it. My... Dad...died. But I’m not going to talk about that.
Sabine: I’m Zoe Reisman. i’m 12 too. I’m pretty much the best arguer I know, because I win every single one. My dad is a lawyer. I was Natalie’s agent for this project. My pseudonym is Agent Zee Zee Reisman. I love in-negotiating with people. As I said, I always win.
Alex: Of course you two collected help from other people. Who where they?
Sabine: Mrs. Clayton, of course. She’s the one that got us this far. Without her, we wouldn’t be here right now.
Breann: You forgot, Zoe. Your father! Without his help we wouldn’t be here either. He was the lawyer!
Alex: I heard it took a lot of effort to get this book published. Could you tell us more about that?
Breann: True. It took a load of work and perseverance. Mrs. Clayton, the helping adult, Mr. Reisman, the lawyer. Me, the writer, and of course, Zoe, the agent. She was brave enough to in-nagotiate with my mom’s horribly horrid boss, Letha Springfield. I would rather die than doing that!
Sabine: It’s true.
Breann: And Mrs. Clayton did a ton of stuff. She got us the office for all the work we needed to do. And she payed for it! Second, She helped us in our time of need. When we found out that
Letha, my mom’s boss, was going to edit it, we exploded with fear. But Mrs. Clayton gave us an idea. Thats when Zoe’s agument came in.
Alex: What is the experience of publishing a book? Many people out there want to know.
Sabine: Too complicated. There’s so much work to be done. But with the right help, an agent, you can do it. You just gotta try.
Breann: Ugh, Zoe. Always gotta point yourself out.
Alex: What do you think about when you see this book?
Breann: My dad and cheaters.
Sabine: The masterpiece of a 12 year old magician.
Alex: Zoe, why were you so very intended to get the books published?
Sabine: Well, you see. Just by reading one chapter, I could tell that this story was destined to get published. And would ya just LOOK at us now!

Alex: Lastly, When do you intend to publish another book.
Breann: WHOA there, slick. Don’t even get me STARTED on that!
Alex: (laugh)
Alex: Thank you very much folks, this is Alex Danielson from ABC Network interviewing Natalie Nelson and Zoe Reisman. This interview is finished, but news about this new great book, The School Story, is still to come. Back to you, George.
George: I’m interviewing Letha Springfield, former boss of Hannah Nelson.To start, Letha, could you tell me about yourself?
Rachel: I am an ex-chief editor of shipely Junior books. I’m really nice, from, well from my own perspective. I have a talent of being a writer... really more a editor. Don’t forget yelling at other people.
George: Well, I’m just wondering how you didn’t get the job for being editor of such a great book, The Cheater? You were ranked higher than Hannah Nelson.
Rachel: The Agent, that awful Zee Zee Reisman, said that she wouldn’t let Shipely publish the book unless Hannah was editor.
George: Harsh, why did you agree to that?
Rachel: well obviously this was such a great book and I didn’t want to waste a good opportunity so I had to give Hannah the job.
I sort of have to because she sort used to work for me. She editor and all I just think I’m better.
George: Okay then, Alex do you have anything to say?
Alex: nope, but we’re closing up. See you next time on ABC news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this blog to comment on ONLY 'academic' matters or to answer a classmate's academic questions. You must leave your name if you comment. NO SOCIAL NETWORKING ALLOWED on this blog. Thank you.
Alex Danielson.